Tuesday 27 August 2013

Czech it out!

My day job has brought me to the Czech Republic for a few days, a good opportunity to try out some different cuisine. I had no idea what to expect of the food in Prague but imagined it to be a bit like German / Austrian / Swiss cuisine. What I found was dumplings. The goulash I ordered in a very traditional restaurant, with onsite brewery, came with two different varieties: potato dumplings and bread dumplings. The former were a bit like the large Roman gnocchi; the latter came with lardons inside and were more tasty. The goulash itself, had some beautifully braised beef, and a wonderfully sweet garnish of red onions, red peppers, and a pinch of grated cabbage.

Butter ratings:
Restaurace Novoměstský Pivovar, Prague




1 comment:

  1. A good way to visite Prague for eat good food! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete